DbInsights lets you take a peek at what's inside your database by allowing you to easily create line charts and pie charts from your data.
DbInsights is meant to provide you with basic business intelligence insights with minimum efforts on your part. A web application in action is worth a thousand words, so be my guest and take a tour.
heroku addons:add dbinsights heroku plugins:install git://github.com/isc/heroku-dbinsights heroku dbinsights
Then you can go to the add-on panel on Heroku to start creating graphs and pies.
In order to create line charts and pie charts from your data, DbInsights needs to be able to connect to your database. The plugin execution stores an encrypted version of your
DATABASE_URL in the DbInsights database. When you remove the add-on from your application, this data will be removed from the DbInsights database.
The introduction tutorial walks you through the very basics of DbInsights by showing you how to create a simple line chart and a pie chart.Follow this tutorial
Multiline charts can easily be configured with the "split by" field.Follow this tutorial
Reference data configuration lets you obtain more readable pies and query results from your data.Follow this tutorial
Reports allow you to group multiple elements on the same page and share them with non technical users.Follow this tutorial
- Scope conditions — explains how to use this field when creating charts
- Queries — what you can do with queries, how you can graph the results
- Reference data — explains the purpose and use of reference data configuration
- Cohort analysis — explains the purpose and use of cohort analysis on graphs
- Changelog — chronological list of additions or modifications to DbInsights
- FAQ — a list of frequently asked questions and their associated answer